Sunday, March 23, 2008

Writer's Corner...sorta

One of the many ideas I had for doing the blog is to force myself to return actively to wiritng--an endeavor I believe is a part of my destiny in life I've simply neglected for too many years.

Let's say on every other Sunday, I will post some of my writing for the world to read. And remember, positive feedback will only boost my ego which, in turn, will compel me to write more for my adoring fans! : )

So for this Sunday, how about I post some poetry? It's been awhile since I've written any poetry. I write poetry when I'm sad as hell or euphorically happy. I would post what I consider the best and most accurate depiction of my heart's emotional path throughout my life. The poem is called The Loner's Words and it died with my macintosh many years ago. The only part I remember verbatim are the first two lines:

Perhaps I take the wrong first step
My heart is the brave one


Wish I never lost that one. I liked that one a lot.

Anyway, there's a decent stand-in for the greatest poem I feel I've ever written to date. Relax, it's only four lines at a point in my life when I felt this was my unchanging truth.

Four Lines

I have fought my battles without hands.
The heart has been a warrior and slain hero.
In the war of life and love,
It has not been the victor.


So there's the humble start to what will become an important part to my blog. More to come for sure...and I'll likely break my own every other sunday schedule to post more frequently.

No comments: